Sunday, 23 August 2015

Let go & let God

You know, working life is not easy. You face pressure from bosses, the need to rush deadlines, to please customers etc. Then you think of all the obligations & responsibilities you have in life, which is a handful even though you are single & unmarried. There is so much to think of. Sometimes it's overwhelming.

There are countless of times that I feel like giving up. Just want to quit my job and go for a long break. A holiday. But somehow it's in me, I can't let go. Can't give up that easily. You might whine and complain and sigh but the next day you are up on your feet again. You might be crying the other night but life goes on as usual after that. Is this what growing up means? Being able to be clear in thought, to carry on with life no matter what and to always get up after a fall?

I'm sure that most people have had that experience of going to bed thinking wishing not to wake up tomorrow for work. Or when morning comes, hit the snooze button and dread waking up. I do too, for God-knows-how-many-times.

Speaking of letting go, it's hard to let go. Sometimes it's hard to let go of something, like a dream, a wish, expectations, your past, or some hurts. Sometimes it's hard to let go of some people that you've had in your life, who might be someone dearly loved and had passed on, a close friend or your other half. Letting go does not mean giving up. If you're holding on to a bomb and you insist of not letting go, it means you are giving up on your life, on your freedom.

Let go and let God.


Jeremiah 29 
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment